Monday 18 April 2011

Thor Is Almost Upon Us!

With Marvel's next movie "Thor" quickly heading our way, Empire has posted their review online, and it actually got a pretty good write up

When I first heard Kenneth Branagh was directing I was a little hesitant, the only films I have watched with him directing have been "Henry V", "Hamlet" and "Much Ado About Nothing", hardly the stuff of sci-fi, fantasy, superhero movies.

But it appears that he has done a pretty good job.

The trailer that has been running at work for "Thor" looks fantastic, a nice mix of sweeping fantasy landscapes with the realism of the previous Iron Man & Incredible Hulk movies, Chris Hemsworth is a mighty convincing God of Thunder. I did not realise he also played Captain Kirk's father in J.J. Abrams Star Trek reboot, I thought he looked familiar though

We should be getting this at work in the next 2 weeks, so I'm sure you will be hearing more about it from me

1 comment:

  1. Good description of the trailer. I've only seen a snippet of it, but from what I've seen it doesn't really seem like my type of movie despite it being fantasy.

    ReplyDelete