Friday 22 April 2011

Mortal Kombat!!!!!!

Fear not, I haven’t abandoned the blog.

It is currently the Easter holidays at the moment, and I’m quite frankly, im exhausted from work.
Easter to me means 2 things, Firstly I get to eat an enormous amount of chocolate, I have a very sweet tooth, secondly it also means that soon the summer movie's will be hitting the big screens, It is the opening of Thor 3D this week.. and i am very, very happy to be getting that in.

On the games front, Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat (9) were released this week, and yes I have bought them both, no I wasn’t planning to, but I did.

Portal 2, now I've said before that I had no interest in the game, The first was fun for about an hour and then got dull. But I am happy to say the second is a lot better and has held my attention, I am currently on chapter 6. The puzzles are a great improvement over the previous game, but I've had one or two that have left me in a small curled up in a ball weeping, whilst rocking backwards and forwards, the joy of working out how to do a specific puzzle or task is amazing, a proper eureka moment, I am not going to spoil anything for anyone though.

The humour is great too, there has been quite a few moments where I've just been left giggling to myself on the couch... quite thankful that I live on my own.. would not like to explain why I am giggling at a screen with potato on it..

Mortal Kombat is the main one I have been playing though, a Fantastic reboot to the series, and the story mode is immense, although it falls into the trap that other 2D Fighting games fall into.. Boss Characters who can kill you just by flicking an eyelash at you. It's a minor gripe but easily overlooked when you witness some of the truly gruesome Fatality's (After beating your opponent, you then beat him up even more, usually by removing body parts) or X-Ray moves (beating up your opponent to such an extent that with every hit, an x-ray of the opponents skeleton flashes up and shows just how broken their insides are)

I went for the “Kollector's Edition” which includes a Scorpion VS Sub-Zero figurine, The Art Of Mortal Kombat Book, plus downloadable extras for the Xbox 360. I am a sucker for the collectors editions...
My purchase's for the week

Not long to go until the holidays are over and I can update a bit more regularly again.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for adding my link to your blog.
    I already added your link to my blog under "Around The Web"

    Happy blogging !

    ReplyDelete