Tuesday 26 April 2011

Portal 2, Done

Still the Easter holidays, so updates at the moment are a little lacking.

I did manage to finish Portal 2 last night though.

I would say that this is a massive improvement over the first game, there was a genuine sense of joy after figuring out the solution to a few of the puzzle's. And also a few moments where my control pad almost became a part of my wall.

Graphically there is not much of a difference between this and the first Portal game, it looks fantastic.

The story is an improvement over the first also, the highlight for me is definitely Wheatley, your spherical companion for most of the game, voiced by the brilliant Stephen Merchant. GlaDos returns and is as menacing as ever, although events take a turn and she becomes a little more human in her behaviour.

I have yet to really touch the Co-Op campaign, it doesn't help that im marginally anti-social and prefer playing multiplayer without a headset.. Something that is sort of needed for this mode. While you can put a marker down for your partner to see, the game definitely works best if you can talk to your partner.

I'll be heading back into the single player to clean up some of the achievements I have missed out on, and then I think this will be part of the trade in toward my copy of Brink when that is released next month.






No comments:

Post a Comment