Saturday 13 August 2011

Eurogamer Expo 2011, Getting Prepared

Sorry for the quiet spell this week, gone a bit hectic at work.

Starting to get excited for my trip to London next month, it will be my first time there since I was a young lad off to the natural history museum with my dad.

This time though, I will be heading to Earls Court for the Eurogamer Expo.

I am starting to gather my supplies already, new memory card for my digital camera, as I intend to take a lot of pictures, and I have even bought myself a Flip Ultra HD Camcorder for well.. taking videos if and when I can.

The list of playable games on show is growing daily, and I've started making a mental list of where and what I want to have a look at. So far the games I'm definitely taking a peek at are:

Assassins Creed: Revelations, I’m hoping that this is a fitting end to the series, its one of the best original IP’s in the last few years

Batman: Arkham City, I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum and have high hopes for this

Battlefield 3, It’s Battlefield.. .. no reason is needed

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I never got into the original Counter-Strike rush. I dabbled a bit when it was first released as a mod for Half-Life, and again when Counter-Strike: Source came out, but never got hooked in a big way, the same can be said for Team Fortress 1 & 2, but 2 is now free on steam so I am giving that another shot

Saints Row: The Third, low brow GTA knock-off? maybe it is but Saints Row 2 was fantastic, and a lot of fun. Hopefully this one will continue the trend

Star Wars: The Old Republic, I’m a sucker for MMO’s and Star Wars.. this could be a bad thing.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, while this is actually released a few weeks before the expo I wouldn't mind taking a look at it in person before parting with any cash. I loved Warhammer when i was younger and still have all the paints and books cluttering up my cupboard, maybe this can keep the addiction in check for a bit longer

I know this list is going to grow over the next few weeks (39 days to go) so I will keep adding as more are announced

No comments:

Post a Comment