Monday 18 April 2011

This Week I Shall Be Buying...

Of the games released this Friday, Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat (9th in the series), I can honestly say.. Mortal Kombat will be the one game I buy this week.

I'll be frank... I hate Portal.

I realise that Portal is immensely popular, and Portal 2 is looking to be even more so going by the amount of praise the trailers are getting. But it never clicked with me, I found it dull, and a dull game will not keep my attention.

The actual portals were a nice feature, but I found that I was trying to force myself to like the gameplay, and to continue playing. in fact the only part of the game I truly loved was the end credit's song "Still Alive" I have that downloaded for my Rock Band sessions, and on my iPhone.

Mortal Kombat though, I know what to expect from a Mortal Kombat game. Over the top combat, blood, and the all important fatalities. Mortal Kombat 9 is looking to reboot the franchise and so, will be restarting the story. Finally no more zombie Lui Kang...

On the Mega Drive front, I found a copy of Arnold Palmer's Tournament Golf in a car boot sale on the sea front for £1, It works perfectly and still has the instruction manual, I spent a good hour playing this when I got home, and it's still as crappy as I remember. Although this time I was playing with a stupid grin plastered on my face.. remembering how much fun me and my father had playing this.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your recent dropby bro. And congrats on your recent Mega Drive acquisition. Being a big kid with a job is great. Get to buy all the toys we want.

    BTW--one of your readers said his dad said Kart SNES was best. I disagree. I like Kart 64 best cause of the drifting mechanism, jump into a turn, especially for wide tracks like Wario Stadium.

    Take care man
    your friend
    Michael

    ReplyDelete