Saturday 26 March 2011

Crysis 2 Multiplayer

I did get Crysis 2 this week, but i don't want to write about it until I have actually finished playing the singleplayer.

Multiplayer though, I love it. Not only is this the best looking console shooter out, actual quote on the box there, but it is also a lot of fun.

As I bought the "limited edition" I started my multiplayer career off at level 5, and the ability to make custom classes. As a personal choice I always make my class's have light machine guns, bigger clips, usually more damage.. And quite frankly I want to imagine I'm Rambo striding across the playing field.

The multiplayer will draw comparisons to Call of Duty, because quite frankly like it or not it is the most popular online shooter series out.

You can customise your armour abilities, make your cloak last longer, use less power in armour mode, even have bullet trails fired at you highlighted so you can see where your attackers are. And select weapon attachments.

There are also killstreaks, like Call of Duty, however unlike the Call of Duty series you need to collect the dogface from your victims, it's a nice attempt at reducing campers but one of the armour abilities at the higher levels is one that automatically retrieves dog tags, so not sure how that will work out.

The maps are compact, but flow well with combat, I haven't came across a map where everybody sticks to one area so far.

I'll give some the single player more of a playthrough before I comment on that, though from what I have played so far, I'm impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment