Friday 25 March 2011

Ipad 2, 3DS, Queues... Wow

Today marked the release of two big electronic devices, Nintendo 3DS and the Ipad 2.

While I did not go to the GAME midnight opening for the 3DS launch, I did stop by on my way to Exeter for the day though, a fair few had been sold.

I did get my hands on the 3DS again and tried out the racing game Asphalt 3D, I'll admit I’m not the greatest racing fan but this was a lot of fun. It felt like a burnout clone, you were rewarded points for knocking out other racers and taking short cuts, one of which saw my car flying over roof tops like a demented vehicular version of superman.

The 3D worked really well, to be fair I wasn’t expecting much 3D from a racing game, but I did find myself crashing into turns with less frequency than I usually do in normal racing games.

My interest in getting my own 3DS has increased a lot with this, and I’ll be keeping my eye on it to see what’s coming out in the future, the launch line up doesn’t really have anything in it to truly tempt me though.

While wandering about Exeter I happened to walk past the Apple store, this is what I was met with:






To say the queue was long is an understatement, when the first customer was let in the cheering and whooping of the crowd and Apple store employees deafening, from my viewpoint it looked like it was running on a one in, one out policy. The single customer allowed in store at the time then ran a gauntlet of employee's, high fives flying everywhere.

I’ve got a soft spot for the tablet's, I do plan on owning one at some point but paying £400/£500 (wifi only/wifi + 3G) at this point in time is a pipe dream for me, maybe if I start doing the lottery... I could save but I am a compulsive shopper, and keeping hold of money for longer than a week is a struggle for me at times.

Though my priority for attempting to save at the moment is for either a video capture card or HD video camera.. something to capture gameplay and my thoughts on new releases.

Though the 3DS is still very tempting...

No comments:

Post a Comment