Saturday 26 March 2011

Kinect, Still Waiting..

There are times I feel like kicking myself, the majority of these is mainly after I've been cooking with chilli peppers, and get the overwhelming urge to scratch my eyes.. I've temporarily blinded myself several times due to this.

The lesser times are usually aimed at my own inability to control my spending on new gadgets.

Microsofts Kinect is a good example of this, I fell for the hype, the advertising promising so much, in my head my fantasies of The Matrix, Minority Report and to a lesser extent Gamer were about to come true.

I preordered.


The Kinect was Launched on 10th November 2010, and I was there at GAME for the midnight opening. I played Kinect sport with the staff, I had fun, I felt that this was a justified purchase, give it a couple of months and there would be an overwhelming choice of games to play. I walked out of there with my Kinect (plus Kinect adventures), Dance Central and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.

That was just over 4 months ago, since then Your Shape: Fitness Evolved has been traded in, Dance central is broken out when my sister comes round, and Kinect Adventures is only played when drinking with my mates.

New games have hardly been awe-inspiring, a couple of excersise games, Get Fit With Mel B, EA Active 2 (with resistance bands.. Oooo) and zumba fitness and Dance Paradise, another dancing game.

I've been teased with teaser trailers for Child Of Eden, Rise Of Nightmares and Steel Battalion.. But nothing has actually been released in the meantime to make me feel the purchase was justified.

The Kinect is a great piece of kit, but if I knew when I bought it what I know now I would of waited.

Bad case of buyers remorse? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment