Wednesday 30 March 2011

After The Dark Knight Rises... He Will Rise Again?

I found out today that after Christopher Nolan finishes his work on the third and final film in his Batman reboot series, The Dark Knight Rises, he will be co-producing the next Batman film.. which will be yet another Batman Reboot...





But this will be a re-invention to go forward with a planned Justice League movie. If your unfamiliar with the Justice League.. Imagine Marvel Comics “The Avengers” in the DC universe, with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Martian Manhunter... if your still unsure.. its a big superhero super group.

Seriously how many reboots or reinventions do comic book heroes need?, the comic book geek in me is going “Ooooooh” but the cinema worker in me is just going “oh for christ sake”
I'm all up for super hero movie's, but a quick look online says that these are the comic book/super hero movie's coming out until the end of 2012.

2011
Priest
Thor
X-Men First Class
Green Lantern
Transformers 3
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cowboys & Aliens
Conan
Deadpool
Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance
Men in Black 3
Sin City 2

2012
The Avengers
Star Trek 2 (ok not a comic book, but I feel this falls in to this list.. it is the sequel to the reboot)
The Amazing Spider-man
Dark Knight Rises
G.I Joe 2
Iron Man 3
John Carter of Mars
Superman Reboot
Ant-Man
Hancock 2
Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall
Wanted 2
Wolverine 2

That’s a lot of films. To be fair I am looking forward to most of them, especially Priest as I love the graphic novel series it's based on, But that’s just too many. People say the movie industry is failing, I don’t see that, what I do see is complete over saturation. We have so many big budget “blockbusters” in production that the public is getting fed up with it all.

Where are the original movie's?, I realise that with the global recession going on movie studios don’t want to take chances. But a small one every now and then may bring unexpected results

2 comments:

  1. Well I always enjoy a good comic-book-turned-movie, but you're right that does seem like a hell of a lot of movies coming out in that category. X men first class, deadpool, wolverine and wanted 2 should (hopefully) be good.
    As for original movie ideas, they are far and few in between nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the last original movie I heard about went straight to dvd/bluray release in the UK.

    it was called "Rubber", and was about a telepathic serial killer called Robert... who was also a car tyre...

    it sounds mental, and the trailer made us all laugh at work. But a few months after we first saw it, we had heard nothing more.
    Original movie's nowadays look like they go straight to video.

    ReplyDelete