Tuesday 29 March 2011

Xbox Avatar On Your Bookshelf

Xbox Avatars... personally I love mine, stood on my screen wearing his Black Ops outfit, playing with a Banshee from Halo. Many times I've wished that I could get a little statue of him to put on my bookshelf, for no other reason than being able to go “that’s me that is”...
Well, now I can


www.figureprints.com are now offering to recreate a players Xbox Avatar in 5 inch form, for the princely sum of $49.95 + shipping, which works out to roughly £32 +P&P.

Enter your Gamertag on the site and they will pull up your Avatar, the website says that due to licensing not all parts can be recreated, in my case my Black Ops outfit wont show up.. a little disappointing but you cant argue with licensing.

Next up, choose the pose you want your figurine to have while gazing at you lovingly from the mantle piece. There are 21 poses to choose from, being a bit of a rocker I prefer this one:



After that its a simple case of putting in your address and payment details, think I shall wait for payday before I do this bit though, they say that delivery will be about a month.

Looking at their World of Warcraft figures, exactly the same service but with your Warcraft characters instead of your Avatar, you can see a lot of care and attention goes into each one.
Admittedly $50/£32 is a lot of money for a 5 inch figure, especially when I think that my Halo: Reach Jorge figure only cost £9.99. Then again I am the same person who spent £200 on a Masterpiece 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime figure...

The geek inside me is struggling to grab the credit card, the gamer inside is pushing him more towards it, but the slither of sensible me is holding them both back by the ears.. I get paid next Friday, and I have plans for that money.. lets see if this can work its way into those plans


No comments:

Post a Comment