Thursday 16 June 2011

Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony mini review

I’ve spent far longer playing “Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony” today than I should have, but its just so god damned enjoyable...

Released on steam on the 8th June, Jamestown is a traditional top-down shooter, similar to Geometry Wars... or the classic Asteroids. The gameplay is simple, shoot bad guys before they shoot you, collect gold, score big.

This is playable with either a keyboard, a mouse or a control pad, I used my wired Xbox 360 pad.. it just felt natural to use it.

£6.99 on steam is all this costs, and its worth every penny, hell I would have happily paid up to £15 for it.

There is also a local co-op mode for up to 4 players, each requiring their own keyboard/mouse/control pad, a fun game to play with friends around,

if your undecided on this I have also included a small video of the first level to attempt to sway your opinion ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment