Monday 23 May 2011

L.A Noire

L.A Noire, it's a masterpiece...

Seriously.

This is the first game I have played this year that I just cannot physically wait to get home to play. I love the 40's time period, clothing, the music, the cars, and L.A. Noire captures it all perfectly.

You play as Cole Phelps, World War 2 veteran and fresh on the beat patrol man for the Los Angeles police Department, and as you work through the story you rise up to detective and start taking on cases to solve, all tied in with the real life Black Dahlia murder.

I will not spoil anything about this, but L.A Noire is truly a fantastic game. Rockstar and Team Bondi have managed to produce something special here.
The story is compelling, and very well written. I played until gone 2 am last night, I did not want to stop, I wanted to learn more about Detective Phelps, what happened to him during the war, why is he so determined to solve all these crimes..  but I also needed sleep.. so sleep won out.

The facial animation is something you need to see to believe, I have spent a long time during interviews just watching the facial tics, the slight look to the right, lip quaking a tiny bit, a furrowed brow. It's all in here.

I don’t think I can put into words how much I love this game, but I do.

Now go, there are crimes to solve.. but remember not everything is as it seems

No comments:

Post a Comment