Wednesday 11 May 2011

Brink, From My Viewpoint

I'll say right away, I do not have Brink in my possession yet, but it is released on Friday and I'll be picking up my copy then..

I've been going over the reviews released so far and I find myself feeling that some reviewers may have missed the point on the game.

Brink is a much anticipated First Person Shooter, developed by Splash Damage the makers of Quake Wars and the Wolfenstien: Enemy Territories Mod, published by Bethesda, the almighty developers behind Fallout 3, and the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Primarily this is a multiplayer game, with the Singleplayer mode acting mainly as a tutorial, but thats how I see it, most of the review's I have seen have criticised the AI as being.. Well pants.

But isn't that how it's supposed to be? When I play a game I want to feel like I'm the hero in the story, I don't want to be fighting my way through a mission only to be informed that "securibot 4" has completed the main mission objective. I want to be the one to finish it.. I'm the hero and damn it it's my right to do it.

But I can handle other players completing objectives, after all they are on my team, we work together to complete it. It's different with bots as there isn't really anyway to co-ordinate any sort of plan, if they are programmed to complete objectives they will head off and do just that.

No online game released has ever been perfect on launch day, lag and bugs are and have always been present, but patches can and will be released to fix problems.

I'm not going to be put off of a game because someone says a games bad. Naughty Bear was critically mauled on release.. But I actually really liked it.

You will be right in thinking that I'll solely be playing this in multiplayer mode. That's how it has been advertised to me, to complain that a game, which is heavily focused on multiplayer, has a week single player mode tells me that alot of work and effort has gone into making the online work.

I'll post my proper views on Brink on Friday, but I'm still expecting good things, there has been a patch released to sort out some of the problems reviewers have mentioned, so hopefully I can give a verdict.






No comments:

Post a Comment