Monday 4 April 2011

Next Few Weeks Looking Slow

I get paid from the cinema this Friday, and as always I've decided to hop onto the www.gamefaqs.com website and check the games releases for the next 4 weeks.

To be honest it doesn’t look great...

On the Xbox 360 there is actually nothing out until April 21st , Mortal Kombat but as with Marvel Vs Capcom 3 I can wait for a price drop, to me fighting games are quick 10 minute pick up and play games that do not have the ability to keep me occupied for too long, great when you have friends over to play against, but when your sat on your own... not too appealing.

Portal 2 is also released that day, but I never got on with the first one. I have no patience and as soon as the game wanted me to start thinking hard I gave up.. I play my games to have fun and wind down after work, and Portal just wound me up.

Brink and L.A. Noire are released in May, and I really excited about those. Brink is a FPS that mixes single player and multiplayer into the campaign, and I love a good FPS (still playing Crysis 2, which is just incredible) and L.A.Noire puts you in the shoes of a post war police officer, and lets you progress from foot patrol to homicide squad. It looks fantastic and I can't wait for it.

On the 3DS, James Noir's Hollywood Crimes 3D sounds promising the product summary from GAME reads:

James Noir’s Hollywood Crimes for Nintendo 3DS makes you the main character in a mind-twisting puzzle adventure in an interactive 3D world! Live the thrill of mastering tailor-made mind games as you solve over 140 intriguing puzzles to solve a deadly mystery.
The game takes place inside a TV game show, where you are a participant. As you play, you discover a series of murders and a diabolical criminal mastermind that is manipulating and defying you at every turn.
Everyone on the set of the show is in danger – especially you! Solving the puzzles left by the killer at every crime scene is the only way to clear your name and to uncover his identity before it’s too late.

Now I love a good puzzle game, and if it's as addictive as the Professor Layton series it will be a winner in my eyes.

Looks like the next 4 weeks will be another slow time, at least I will be able to save a bit of money though.

Anything coming up that you are looking forward to?

1 comment:

  1. Next big release for me is LA Noire. Looks amazing. I'm the same as you with Portal. Once I had to start looking on Youtube for how to solve the puzzles that got hard I gave up. I just want mindless fun I don't have to think too hard about!

    ReplyDelete