Tuesday 1 March 2011

Things to look forward to

Upcoming games I'm interested in:

Fight Night Champion

The latest in EA's Fight Night boxing series, with incredibly realistic looking fighters and the love it or loathe it total control punch system (use the right stick to attempt to make your opponent look like a hunk of meat in the butchers window), personally I'm a button user but I do like to experiment.

Homefront
FPS from Kaos studio, who's last outing was "Frontlines: Fuel of War" and THQ depicting the fictional invasion of America by a Unified Korea. The setting of this has really caught my attention, to be honest there aren't too many games out depicting the United States as the victims of an invading force.. Actually I can't think if any.
It's urban combat with near future tech, plus competitive multiplayer with the maps ever changing to include new mission objectives


Films:

From Friday we will be playing 3 films that I really want to sit down and watch

Paul
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost team up again after the fantastic "Shaun Of The Dead" and "Hot Fuzz".
They play two geeks on a trip across America and find themselves attempting to help an alien, Paul, get home. The cast includes Jason Bateman, Bill Hader, Sigourney Weaver and Seth Rogan as the voice of Paul. I am hoping Seth Rogan's voice acting is better than his performance in "The Green Hornet".. I have never wanted to jump into a scene and bitch slap someone so much in my life before then.

Rango
Fantastic looking animated movie, with Johnny Depp as Rango a domesticated pet lizard, with dreams of bigger and better things, who escapes from his owner and ends up Attempting to fulfill the role of protector in a small western town over run by bandits. This is from Gore Verbinski director of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series so I'm expecting good things.
It also features the voices of Timothy Olyphant, from the criminally underrated "Hitman" movie, Aswell as the fine British actors Bill Nighy and Ray Winstone.

The Adjustment Bureau
The last of the 3 and also the most interesting for me. This thriller stars Matt Damon, I dare anybody to try and read his name without thinking of him in "Team America: World Police", as a politician who meets a girl, Emily Blunt, and finds a secretive society pulling the strings behind how the world is ran has other plans for him.

I like a good thriller, and am hopeful that this turns out well, but I'll know after the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment