Thursday 31 March 2011

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Teaser

Ooo, a teaser trailer for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has surfaced on you tube.
I'll admit I wasn’t a great fan of the first 3 games, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: Nemesis, Code Veronica didn’t do anything for me, and I missed out on the Gamecube's remakes and Resident Evil 4.

But Resident Evil 5.. I freaking loved that game, I'm pretty sure I was only 2 or 3 achievements from 1000 points.


The teaser looks really... interesting, I want to say good but its a teaser, its supposed to make people say that.  

Taking place between Resident Evil 2 and Nemesis you play the part of either an Umbrella Security member or a US Spec Ops soldier, Umbrella security will be looking to destroy evidence of any Umbrella wrongdoing and killing survivors, for those not in the know the Umbrella corp. are evil, and its their fault there are zombies... all got that, good. US Spec Ops on the other hand will be doing the exact opposite, saving survivors and uncovering evidence.

From the looks of the video the action is faster paced, with lots of run and gun action, which would make a bit of a change from Resident Evil 5, I'm hoping its more in line with Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D on the 3DS, that features the super ability of aiming and firing your gun... while moving.
There is also talk of competitive co-op mode, 8 players, 4 Umbrella vs 4 Spec Ops.

The studio behind this Slant Six Games , the people behind the SOCOM series on the PSP and PS3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon city will be out this winter, on 360 and PS3 I am definitely keeping my eyes on this, this could be great. Or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment