Monday 21 March 2011

Chalet Girl.. Oh God Why

Working in a cinema is both a blessing and a curse, I get the chance to show potential blockbuster movies to the public, and hear of films that I wouldn't normally see or be interested in.

The curse is, I will get films that I really want to watch ruined for me. As a projectionist I need to check on focus and get the auditorium lights up at the end of the films, so I will see the final scenes, and always see the hero triumph or the shocking twist of a horror film.

Another part of the curse.. I get to see films that are truly... Truly awful.


Currently we have Chalet Girl, a joint British/German film production about a skateboarding teenage girl, who goes to Switzerland becomes a chalet girl, learns to snow board, and find love...

This is aimed squarely at teenage girls, so obviously being in my late 20's and.. Well a guy, I'm not in the target demographic.

I have watched parts of this and wandered how the hell Bill Bailey and Bill Nighy, both fine British actors, decided to take part in this monstrosity, I realise at the end of the day money is money and we all need to be paid... But surely they have some standards.

I'm holding out some hope though, as we approach spring/summer the proper blockbusters start flexing their advertising muscles, the releases from April onwards are looking mighty fine.

Thor 3D
Pirates of the Caribbean 3D
Fast and Furious 5
Transformers 3
Green Lantern

These are my personal ones to watch, I know they won't be to everyones tastes though, but I hope they do well.

If not, I'll be on here moaning about them aswell

2 comments:

  1. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chalet_girl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My already diminishing faith in humanity is struck with another disheartening blow..

    Maybe I'm just becoming jaded..

    ReplyDelete