Tuesday 2 August 2011

Diablo 3.. hmm

With Blizzards announcement that Diablo 3 will not only feature an in game auction house that will allow players to buy and sell for real money, like eBay but without the threat of having your auction shut down and account suspended.

But will also require the payers to be on a permanent internet connection, while I don't play pc games when I'm not in the house, I can see this upsetting a lot of laptop gamers, the gamers who play while traveling.

If I spend £29.99 - £34.99 on a pc game, I want to be able to play it when and where i want to, regardless of an internet connection.

Yes, I can see their point, by being online when playing they can monitor for mods and hacks (both of which are forbidden now), but to me this feels like a punishment, how dare you play our fantastic (possibly.. I can’t see Diablo 3 failing… unless something catastrophic happens) game outside, in the sun/on a plane/in a car, you should be at home, in the dark, in the basement gaming away like the social outcasts you are.. mwhahahaha

I'm looking forward to Diablo 3, the first 2 games are classics, and as my pc is permanently connected to the internet this wont affect me.. but I do feel sympathy for those wanting to play on long trips

 

 

In other news my local GAME is turning into a Gamestation… right when Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes out, so now I need to find somewhere else to buy it..

No comments:

Post a Comment