Tuesday 12 April 2011

iPhone App: Replay

I love to have a rummage around the App store on my iPhone, occasionally I find something fun and interesting, more often than not though it's just a load of rubbish.

Today I stumbled across HMV's Replay App, now usually when I think of going to town to trade in some games, HMV is not my initial choice of store to visit, HMV to me is not a fantastic place to get games from, their Blurays also have a strange pricing system in place, £30 for disney's Cars??

The Replay app is a part of HMV's preowned games division, enter the game your thinking of trading in and you will be told how much, or little you will get. That's it. Oh and there's a handy little "find my closest store" bit..

I'm actually quite surprised GAME or Gamestation have not added this to their app's, they would be the obvious features to be included.

GAME's app is quite basic, Shop, Reward Card, Video's and store finder are the options.

Shop - pretty obvious, shop online through the app

Reward Card - check your points balance

Video's - watch game trailers

Store finder - find a shop

Adding a trade-in guide should be simple, Gamestations is exactly the same, not surprising considering they are both part of the same company.

Replay would be a handy app if you live close to a HMV store, but as my closest one is a 40 minute train ride away, and the fact that HMV trade in prices are abysmal, this is one app that won't be staying on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment