Wednesday 6 April 2011

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Dear Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS,

Would it of been too much trouble adding a mid mission save point to your missions?

I am absolutely loving this at the moment. Granted as a launch title it's a little weak, the graphics are nothing special, the 3D adds a sense of depth that is genuinely beautiful, although the thick black outline around each of the soldiers is a bit off putting.

The only part of Shadow War that is annoying me, no saving during a mission.. Unless I am just completely missing this in the options screen.. At which point I'll apologise if it has one, but for now...

The missions can take a while to complete, it took me and my squad around 2 hours to finish one yesterday. I like the fact that this isn't a pick up and blast through a mission within 2 minutes, but it's frustrating getting to the last objective and losing a team member, mainly due to my inability to actually realise just how little health each member has left.

"DEFEAT: ALL GHOSTS MUST SURVIVE" is a screen I'm meeting with surprising regularity, annoying the first time it happens.. Soul shattering the 4th or 5th.

Even more so when you realise you have to replay that entire mission from the start, for the 6th time...

Ghosts, Move out!!





1 comment:

  1. you've probably long found the option, but of course there IS mid-mission saving at any time from the ingame options menu that you can bring up with the start button!

    ReplyDelete