Thursday 3 March 2011

Friday Is Nearly Here...

Fight Night Champion is released tomorrow, unfortunately I will have to wait for pay day next week to buy it. This makes me sad... By nature I'm a very impatient person when it comes to buying games, I want it and I want it now.

Something that has taken my mind off of this though is hearing about Double Fines newest offering, Double Fine were behind 2009's “BrĂ¼tal Legend” a game with so much potential, but let down by the fact it didn’t know what the hell it wanted to be.. action adventure, real time strategy with guitar heroes style button pushing to activate special moves. And by god was it short, 5 hours to finish. The only proper saving grace was Jack Black starring as your character, well that and probably the best game soundtrack... ever.

Double fine has hit its stride though with Xbox Arcade titles, the last game “Stacking” was released last month. It is a puzzle game which had you playing as Charlie, a matryoshka doll... you know those Russian wooden dolls in which you open one up and lo there is a slightly smaller one inside, open that one up and... yeah it continues, and you had to save your family from an evil baron.

The newest title has been revealed, “Trenched” mech warfare and so far the trailer looks impressive.


This looks to combine my favourite game types, robots and shooting things with robots. This may be the first arcade title I have bought in ages.

The last being Battlefield 1943, I'm going be keeping my eyes on this one


No comments:

Post a Comment