Wednesday 23 February 2011

First Post.... Hmm

I work in a cinema, and i play games. That sums me up completely

I spend my working days behind the scenes in the local cinema, I'm a technician or what's commonly referred to as a projectionist.
Ever sat down in a cinema and looked up at the little window from where the film is being projected through and saw someone's head staring back, that is me.
Most people think a job in projection is easy, just sit out back and press a play button.. That's true on the newer digital projectors, but on the older 35mm film projectors its a little more complicated, ever been sat watching a film and suddenly the screen has gone white? you can guarantee that back in that little room there is me, or someone like me frantically trying to salvage the movie.
Its down to me to make sure that the film your watching is as perfect as possible, making sure the focus is spot on, making sure if anything does go wrong you are none the wiser about it.

But in my free time I'm a gamer, i don't like the term "hardcore" gamer, as to me it implies spending every waking second I'm not working, playing games.

What do I want to achieve out of this blog? I'm not sure yet myself... when I figure it out ill let you know.
(Hell I'm not sure anyone will ever read this)

No comments:

Post a Comment