Saturday 26 February 2011

Bulletstorm in progress

Bulletstorm has been released today, after a bit of skilful trading in on a few items at GAME my "EPIC Edition" for the xbox 360 only cost 49p.. Bargain.

I figured instead of playing the game through to completion I would give my thoughts and views as I go.

So far this is the most fun shooter I've played in a while.
Don't get me wrong I love playing Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Modern Warfare 2, but I class them as serious games with serious stories.

I have played up to act 2 so far and have had a big stupid grin plastered across my face for the entire time. At the start of Bulletstorm's prologue sequence/tutorial I had come to the conclusion that Grayson Hunt was an asshole. A drunken asshole with no chance of making anyone feel sorry for him. By the start of Act 2, after the introduction of your former commander and a little backstory, I did actually start to feel remorse for how his squad was betrayed.

The game itself looks stunning, and is probably one of the best looking I've played, the sequence involving you and your teammate Ichi on a cargo train being chased by dune buggies, another train and a giant rock grinder that looms over you is one of the stand out moments for me so far.

To be continued..


No comments:

Post a Comment